Sunday, January 19, 2014

Cloaked in Danger by Jeannie Ruesch

Cloaked in Danger
Release date: January 27, 2014
Publisher: Carina Press
Genre: Historical Romance

Aria Whitney has little in common with the delicate ladies of London society. Her famous father made his fortune hunting archaeological treasures, and her rustic upbringing has left her ill-prepared for a life of parties and frippery. But when Gideon Whitney goes missing in Egypt, Aria must embrace the unknown—armed with only the short list of highborn men who’d backed her father’s venture, she poses as a woman looking for a husband. She doesn’t intend to find one.

Adam Willoughby, Earl of Merewood, finds London’s strangest new debutante fascinating, but when he catches her investigating his family’s secrets, he threatens to ruin her reputation. He doesn’t intend to enjoy it so much.

When their lustful indiscretion is discovered, Adam finds that he regrets nothing. But now, as her father’s enemy draws near, Adam must convince his betrothed that she can trust him with her own secrets…before it’s too late.


My Rating: 3.5 Roses

A thrilling read, Cloaked in Danger was a wonderful historical romance. It was full of romance, secrets, and I really enjoyed reading it.

Aria was a good heroine. She was very strong and determined and fiercely loyal to her loved ones. However, she was also a tad bit too impulsive. But, overall, I liked her.

Adam was also great. At times, he was a bit too stubborn and overprotective. But, I also liked that he was so protective of his loved ones. He was sweet and I really liked him.

The romance was good. I wasn't totally feeling it, partly because both Aria and Adam were so focused on their agendas and they spent a large part of the book apart. But, I thought they were sweet together and there was definitely chemistry between them.

The plot was fast paced and I was hooked the entire way through. There were tons of thrills and secrets along the way that kept me on the edge of my seat. I suspected who the villain turned out to be, but I certainly didn't guess the extent to which this person went and how insane this person was. I really enjoyed the story and the ending was a perfect wrap-up for the story.

Cloaked in Danger was a wonderful historical romance. It wasn't perfect, but it was still a lovely read. The romance was sweet, the thrills kept me on the edge of my seat, and the story was enjoyable. Romance lovers, this is a book worth checking out.

*I received a free copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review

Quotes:
"I see a woman who loves with her entire heart, who is as loyal as a lioness and will fight to defend her family with the same fierceness." He chucked. "I see a charming lack of restraint, an tenacity that might drive me mad but deserves respect...Shall I go on?"


2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome! Thanks for visiting :)

    ReplyDelete