Friday, January 24, 2014

Believe by Erin McCarthy

Believe (True Believers, #3)
Release date: January 21, 2014
Publisher: Penguin Group
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Series: True Believers #3

Robin used to be a party girl… until she got black out drunk and woke up in bed with her best friend's boyfriend. Now she's faced with being THAT girl, and couldn't be more disgusted with herself. She can't even tell her friends the reason for her sudden sobriety and she avoids everyone until she meets Phoenix—quiet, tattooed, and different in every way that's good and oh, so bad…

Phoenix is two days out of jail when he meets Robin at his cousin's house, and he knows that he has no business talking to her, but he's drawn to her quiet demeanor, sweet smile, and artistic talent. She doesn't care that he's done time, or that he only has five bucks to his name, and she supports his goal to be a tattoo artist.

But Phoenix knows Robin has a secret, and that it's a na├»ve dream to believe that his record won't catch up with them at some point. Though neither is prepared for the explosive result when the past collides with the present…


My Rating: 5 Roses

An intense, emotional New Adult romance, Believe was a fantastic read. I absolutely loved this book! It was a sweet, steamy, totally amazing romance.

Robin was a good heroine. There were a couple of parts where she annoyed me. Mostly, it was one instance when she got herself firmly entrenched in denial and almost ruined things. But, she grew up and became stronger over the course of the book. By the end, I really liked her.

Phoenix was amazing. This guy was so sweet. He seems intimidating and standoffish at first, with his tattoos and jail time, but he was really a nice guy. He was sweet and intensely loyal to his loved ones. He was just wonderful and I adored him.

The romance was lovely. Robin and Phoenix were so sweet together. I love how they both unabashedly fell for each other and, through everything, their feelings were constant. And the chemistry between them was definitely hot. I thought they were perfect together.

The plot was fast paced and I was hooked the entire way through. There was certainly enough drama to keep me on the edge of my seat (you know, the whole "Robin slept with her best friend's boyfriend while blackout drunk" thing). I really enjoyed the story and I thought the ending was lovely. Can't wait to read more from this fantastic series!

Believe was an amazing New Adult romance. I totally loved this book! It was a sweet, steamy, romantic, drama-filled, and just wonderful. Romance lovers, this is a book you don't want to miss. 

*I received a free copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review


2 comments:

  1. I just started reading this book and I am already in love. I didn't read your review because I want to reserve judgement until I am done but I couldn't not comment because I love this series : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally love this series, too, and this book doesn't disappoint. I hope you end up loving this book as much as I did :)

    ReplyDelete