Sunday, December 22, 2013

Twice the Temptation by Beverley Kendall

Twice the Temptation (The Temptresses #1)
Release date: November 18, 2013
Publisher: Season Publishing
Genre: Historical (Regency) Romance
Series: The Temptresses #1

Catherine Rutherford has been smitten with the sinfully handsome American, Lucas Beaumont, since their introduction the year before. And he appears just as enamored of her, for following his return to London he launches a seductive campaign to ensnare her heart and capture her hand in marriage. Never has Catherine been so confident in the outcome of a courtship...that is until she discovers her would-be groom proposed marriage to her sister first.

Although she and her twin share the same face, Catherine refuses to share a man's affections much less be any woman's substitute. So with the aid of her twin and two friends, she challenges the man she loves to the ultimate test of fidelity. Posing as her heartbroken sister--who is truly anything but--Catherine seeks his solace from an "unhappy marriage" and begins a tempestuous game of seduction where the true proof of his love lies in his ability to resist her charms.


My Rating: 4 Roses

A sweet historical romance, Twice the Temptation was a lovely read.

Catherine was a good heroine, but I didn't like her that much. She was much to prone to manipulation for my tastes. She didn't see anything wrong with messing with people to get what she wanted, but I definitely did. And, she tended to me needlessly overdramatic. It wasn't a huge problem, but I can't say that I liked her.

Lucas, on the other hand, was wonderful. He was so sweet and determined to win over the woman he loved. He was so sweet and adorable and I totally loved him.

The romance was good. Catherine and Lucas were sweet together, even though I didn't appreciate Catherine playing games with Lucas. The chemistry was definitely there and it led to some steamy moments. I thought these two were lovely together.

The plot was well paced. I was kept interested the entire way through. Unfortunately, there were some slow moments due to Catherine's stubbornness, but it wasn't a huge problem. I enjoyed the story and the ending was lovely.

Twice the Temptation was a lovely historical romance. I really enjoyed reading it. Romance lovers, this book is worth checking out. 

*I received a free copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review


No comments:

Post a Comment