Monday, December 2, 2013

The Magic Between Us by Tammy Falkner

The Magic Between Us (Faerie, #3)
Release date: January 7, 2014
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Genre: Historical/Paranormal Romance
Series: Faerie #3

Love triumphs over all differences…even those of wings and magic…

Marcus Thorne was groomed to be one of the Trusted Few in the land of the fae, but now he must step into his father's title in the British ton.

Cecelia Hewitt, a half fae/half human, has always lived in the human world and is not accustomed to wings and magic.

Completely unprepared for their new positions, Marcus and Cecelia strike up a partnership to teach each other about their respective worlds. In the process, they discover they have more in common than they ever expected—including a burning mutual attraction.


My Rating: 5 Roses

Light, sweet, magical, and romantic, The Magic Between Us was a lovely read. It was wonderful and I really enjoyed reading it. Loved this book!

Cecelia was a wonderful heroine. She holds a grudge against Marcus for leaving her and that might have bothered me, but she knew when to forgive. She was a sweet, likable character. The only thing I questioned about her was why she didn't tell Marcus of her problems at home before. He would have helped her if she had let him. Otherwise, I really liked her.

Marcus was such a sweetheart. He originally leaves the fae world-and Cecelia-because he believes he needs to earn his family's acceptance. But, even so, he was still completely devoted to Cecelia. He was so sweet and wonderful and I adored him.

The romance was lovely. Cecelia and Marcus were so sweet together. They had been in love with each other for years until Marcus' duty as a titled lord tore them apart. But, they were still a perfect match. And, there was definitely some hot chemistry between them. What I liked about that part of their romance was that both of them had saved themselves for each other. Yes, that means Marcus was a virgin, as well. I thought that was really sweet. In most historical romance, even if the hero isn't a rake, he's still experienced. But, in this one, since Marcus was in love with Cecelia for most of his life, he wasn't interested in any other woman. It made their relationship even sweeter. But, make no mistake, what they lack in experience, they make up for in enthusiasm.

I really liked the secondary romance between Ainsley and Allen. I thought they were both great characters and the romance between them was very sweet.

The plot was fast paced. I was hooked the entire way through. I really enjoyed the story and I thought the ending was perfect.

The Magic Between Us was a lovely historical/paranormal romance. I loved this book! It was sweet, light, and full of magic and romance. Lovers of romance, this is a book you have to read.

 photo 2_zps3b4250b0.jpg

*I received a free copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review

Quotes:
"I need her more than I need a title. Or money. Or land. Or air."-Marcus

"Wherever you are is home. Here, there, the land of the fae...We could be on the moon and it would be home for me as long as you're there." -Marcus

"How do you love me?" she asked with a giggle. She looked up at the clouds with a smile on her face rather than looking at him.
"Desperately and completely," he said.
"Why do you love me?" she asked, her smile even bigger than before.
"Because you're home for me."
Her smile softened. "How long will you love me?" she asked.
"Forever and a day."
-Cecelia and Marcus


No comments:

Post a Comment