Sunday, December 29, 2013

Secrets for Seducing a Royal Bodyguard by Vanessa Kelly

Secrets for Seducing a Royal Bodyguard (The Renegade Royals, #1)
Release date: January 7, 2014
Publisher: Zebra
Genre: Historical (Regency) Romance
Series: The Renegade Royals #1

In this witty, sensual new series, Vanessa Kelly introduces the Renegade Royals, illegitimate sons of the Royal Princes who are finding their rightful places in society…

Accomplished spy Aden St. George prefers to stay away from the frivolouston, especially after the way his mother was used by the Prince Regent. But his latest mission compels him to guard unconventional, vibrant Lady Vivien Shaw. Rescuing her from kidnappers was easy. Resisting her beauty is not. Duty demands he keep an eye on her—and naturally, his lips soon follow. For someone who views entanglements as a weakness, this is pure, delicious folly…

Though grateful for Aden’s help, Vivien has secrets she must keep hidden. Yet with her abductors still at large, she needs Aden’s protection almost as much as she craves his touch…


My Rating: 4 Roses

Thrills, mystery, and romance make up this wonderful read. Secrets for Seducing a Royal Bodyguard was a lovely historical romance. I really enjoyed reading this book. Loved it!

Vivien was a strong heroine. She dealt with a kidnapping, attempted murder, and a psychopath, but she survived it all. She didn't bow to other people's wishes and she was very loyal to her loved ones. I only had one problem with her and it was how she was so quick to bow to her kidnapper's wishes near the end. It didn't fit her strong character and seemed more like she was doing it to spite Aden, after he left her. It seemed contrary to how she acted during the rest of the book, so that bit bothered me. But, otherwise, I thought she was great.

Aden was just wonderful. He was so sweet and adorable! But, he was also strong and clever, part of what made it such a good spy. He was frustratingly stubborn at times, but I didn't mind. I still adored him.

The romance was lovely. From the moment they met, Vivien and Aden were infatuated with each other and it was just so sweet. The attraction was also there from the beginning, so we get some spice as well, though it wasn't the main part of their relationship. I thought they were lovely together.

The plot was fast paced and I was hooked the entire way through. The mystery of who was behind the kidnapping and the danger he presented kept me on the edge of my seat with nonstop thrills. I suspected who it turned out to be, but I was still surprised at the lengths this person was willing to go. I really enjoyed the story and the ending was lovely. I'm excited to see what's coming up next in this series because it's off to a brilliant start.

Secrets for Seducing a Royal Bodyguard was a fantastic historical romance. The mystery, the thrills, the romance-I loved every bit of it! Romance lovers, this is a book you'll want to read.

*I received a free copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review


4 comments:

  1. I see I need to add this book as a priority to read!!! :) It sounds something I would definitely love. Thanks for sharing your Fab. Review!! Hope you had a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book is definitely great and it's a promising start to the series. I can't wait to read more from it! Hope you like it, too, when you get the chance to read it and Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strung Out On BooksDecember 29, 2013 at 7:55 PM

    Not sure this is something I'd have picked to read on my own, but after reading your review, I think this is something I'd really like, especially the romance. Though the whole royal thing may be somewhat of a turnoff for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you want a romance with some mystery and action, this is a great choice. And the royal part isn't the main focus, if you're worried about that, but I think it did well to add some drama. I hope you like it if you get the chance to read it! Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete