Tuesday, December 17, 2013

One Hot Scot by Suzanne Enoch

One Hot Scot: A Holiday Story (Scandalous Highlanders, #0.5)
Release date: October 1, 2013
Publisher: St. Martin's Paperbacks
Genre: Historical (Highlander) Romance
Series: Scandalous Highlanders #.5

While attending her aunt's wedding in Inverness, Julia Prentiss is literally swept off her feet by a man who kidnaps her for her fortune. Julia manages to escape from his estate in the Highlands, only to find herself alone, lost, and hunted in a strange land. When she stumbles across a naked man in a lake, she thinks her luck has gone from bad to worse…or has it?

Duncan Lenox lives surrounded by enemies, a MacLawry in a land of Campbells. With three sisters at home who rely on him, he's become a very cautious man. But when an auburn-haired English beauty has nowhere else to turn, he feels obligated to help. When the two are forced to spend the night in an abandoned cottage while a storm rages and enemies circle, they find a mutual passion that could save -- or doom -- them both.


My Rating: 5 Roses

An absolutely wonderful novella, One Hot Scot was a fantastic historical romance read. I loved this lovely romance. It was fantastic.

Julia was a heroine who wasn't about to forced into anything. She was strong and determined to find her own way. I really liked her. I thought she was a lovely heroine. Duncan was SO sweet! I totally adored him. He was strong, clever, and determined to protect those he cared about. I thought he was just perfect.

The romance was great. Julia and Duncan were very sweet together. And the chemistry between them started from the moment they met: when Duncan naked in a lake. The sparks between them definitely led to some steamy moments. They were a perfectly matched couple.

The plot was fast paced. I was hooked the entirely way through. I really enjoyed the story and the ending was super sweet. This is a prequel novella to a new series, if I remember correctly, and I can't wait to read more from it.

One Hot Scot was a wonderful novella. I really liked this fantastic historical romance read. It was absolutely lovely. Lovers of romance, this is a novella you'll want to read.

*I received a free copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review


No comments:

Post a Comment