Sunday, December 1, 2013

Lord of the Hunt by Shona Husk

Lord of the Hunt (Court of Annwyn, #2)
Release date: January 7, 2014
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Genre: Paranormal (Faerie) Romance
Series: Court of Annwyn #2

Their love could destroy a powerful reign and change the mortal world forever...

Raised in the mortal world, the fairy, Taryn, never planned on going back to Annwyn, much less to court. But with the power shift imminent, she is her parents' only hope of securing a pardon from exile and avoiding certain death.

Verden, Lord of the Hunt, swore to serve the King. But as the magic of Annwyn fails and the Prince makes ready to take the throne, Verden knows his days as Hunter are numbered.

When Taryn and Verden meet, their attraction is instant and devastating. Their love could bring down a Queen and change the mortal world forever.


My Rating: 3 Roses

Romance, court drama, secrets, and betrayals. Lord of the Hunt had it all and it was lovely. I enjoyed reading this paranormal romance.

Taryn was a good heroine. She was strong and held her own in a vicious court. She was extremely loyal to her family, determined to do whatever was necessary to secure a pardon. I really liked her.

Verden was also great. He was very strong, loyal, and devoted to his duty. But, when he had to choose between duty and love, he knew to choose the right way. He was sweet and easy to like. I thought he was lovely.

The romance was both sweet and spicy. Taryn and Verden were definitely sweet together. Their feelings for each other were obvious from the moment they met. And, the attraction between them was very hot. I thought they were a wonderful couple.

The plot was okay. It was the weak point of the book. I just wasn't drawn into the story. Even with all that was going on, it felt kind of bland. I never got hooked onto what was happening. But, even so, I still enjoyed the story and I thought the ending was perfect.

Lord of the Hunt was an okay read. I enjoyed the story. This might not have been one of my favorite books, but I did like it. Lovers of romance, if you're looking for something to pass the time, then you might want to check this book out.

*I received a free copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review


No comments:

Post a Comment