Thursday, December 5, 2013

I Found You by Jane Lark

I Found You
Release date: December 5, 2013
Publisher: Harper Impulse
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Series: N/A

Tomorrow is for regrets. Tonight is for being together.

On a cold winter night, Rachel and Jason’s lives collide on Manhattan Bridge. She’s running from life, he’s running toward it. But compassion urges him to help her.

His offer of a place to stay leads to friendship and trouble. There’s his fiancĂ©e back home in Oregon and a family who just don’t trust this girl from the wrong side of the tracks.

But when the connection between them is so electric, so right… everyone else must be wrong. And as the snow begins to settle on the Hudson, there’s nothing but the possibility of what could be – of this, right here, right now. Them.


My Rating: 4.5 Roses

Emotional, romantic, and heartbreaking, I Found You was a fantastic New Adult romance. It had some crazy drama, deep emotions, and a lovely story. I really enjoyed reading this brilliant book. Loved it!

Rachel was a survivor. She has had the worst luck in life, going from a terrible childhood home to becoming caught up with the wrong people to being a rich (married) guy's mistress. Finally, she had had enough and was contemplating ending it all. But, lucky for her, Jason found her. And, she was finally able to have stability and able to figure herself out. I really liked her. She was strong and dealt with everything life threw her way. I thought she was great.

Jason was so wonderful. He was so amazingly sweet, I can't even put it into words. He was completely devoted to Rachel and stood by her, even when it was very difficult to do. He would do anything for her, simply because he loved her. He was a complete gentleman and he didn't have a single mean bone in his body. He was so adorable and amazing and I adored him. He was just perfect.

The romance was lovely. Rachel and Jason were very sweet together. It was always clear how devoted they were to each other. They were a perfect match. Rachel needed someone to be her rock, and Jason needed someone to help him loosen up and they both found what they needed in each other. Not to mention the steaminess. These two had some seriously hot chemistry and it let to some very spicy moments.

My one problem with this book was that I didn't feel like everything was quite fleshed out. There were A LOT of obstacles in Rachel and Jason's relationship. There was A LOT of drama going on. There was so much going on at once that, even while all that helped keep me riveted to the story, none of it felt totally fleshed out. It wasn't a big problem, but it was noticeable, to the point that I knocked a bit off the rating. But, it was still a small enough problem that I really enjoyed the book.

The plot was good. I was hooked the entire way through. I loved how the emotions were portrayed in this book. Like in other Jane Lark books, the emotions were deep and palpable. I really enjoyed the story and I thought the ending was lovely.

I Found You was a wonderful New Adult read. I really enjoyed reading this book and I totally loved it. Lovers of NA romance, this is a book you'll want to check out.

*I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review


1 comment:

  1. Hi Farrah, thanks so much for taking the time to review this for me! I am really glad you loved it. Book two will be Lindy's story :) And Rachel and Jason's story is right now playing out on twitter at the same pace as the book, real time, but the story will continue @JasonMacinlay @RachelMacinlay


    Best wishes,


    Jane

    ReplyDelete