Friday, December 27, 2013

A Countess by Chance by Kate McKinley

A Countess by Chance (By Invitation Only, #2)
Release date: January 7, 2014
Publisher: Forever Yours
Genre: Historical (Regency) Romance
Series: By Invitation Only #2

Things aren't as proper as they seem in Regency London...

The next passionate novella in Kate McKinley's erotic trilogy.

A gambler's daughter, Sophia Weatherby knows her way around a deck of cards. So when her family estate becomes threatened, she has no choice but to use her skills at the gaming tables to save herself from ruin. A lavish house party affords her the perfect opportunity-until the newly minted Earl of Huntington arrives. Adam Greyson has never forgotten the day Sophia rejected his proposal. Now to even the score, he challenges her to a shocking wager-his two thousand pounds against the one valuable commodity she has left: her virtue.


My Rating: 5 Roses

A sweet and hot historical romance novella, A Countess by Chance was a lovely read. I really liked the first book in this trilogy and I liked this one just as much.

Both of the main characters were great. Olivia was strong and determined to do what was best for her family, even if it meant sacrificing her own happiness. Adam was sweet and, even when he was trying to get Olivia back for leaving him, he was still an obviously good man. I liked that both characters made mistakes, but they both owned up to them and did their best to fix them. I really liked Olivia and I thought Adam was adorable.

The romance was sweet and super steamy. Olivia and Adam had been in love when their relationship broke off, and those feelings didn't go away, which I thought was sweet. And, the chemistry between them was very hot. Definitely some fan-your-face moments. I thought they were lovely together.

The plot was fast paced and I was hooked the entire way through. I really enjoyed the story and the ending was lovely. I can't wait to read the last novella in this trilogy!

A Countess by Chance was a fantastic historical romance read. I totally loved this wonderful novella. Romance lovers, this is a must read.

*I received a free copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review


No comments:

Post a Comment