Saturday, November 16, 2013

Ghosts of the Falls by Sarah Gilman

Ghosts of the Falls
Release date: October 28, 2013
Publisher: Entangled: Ever After
Genre: Paranormal (Ghosts) Romance
Series: N/A

Determined to prove she’s fit for the family business, exorcist Jade Clarence knows the assignment waiting in Maine is her last chance. Born into a family of exorcists, Jade’s unorthodox ideas have gotten her into trouble in the past...and cost the life of a client.

After haunting a Maine state park for more than a century, Dutch Hutchinson will do whatever it takes to bring an end to his unfulfilling existence. When an act of arson brings a beautiful exorcist to town, Dutch takes corporeal form in order to spend his last hours in her company.

Jade quickly uncovers Dutch’s true identity and finds herself falling for the man behind the spirit. But when Jade’s legacy threatens their future, they will have to overcome the greatest of odds—life and death.


My Rating: 5 Roses

Haunting and romantic, Ghosts of the Falls was a lovely read. This novella drew me in and I enjoyed every bit of it.

Jade is a exorcist, but it seems she might not have it in her to be so ruthless. She believes that the spirits should be given a chance to prove themselves good or bad, but her family doesn't agree. She's supposed to prove her ability as a exorcist in a new assignment. Only to find that the spirit is kind and only wants to be free.

I liked both main characters. Jade was a strong heroine through her kindness. She was likable and willing to do anything for what she believes in. Dutch was so sweet. He wanted to move on to the next life, until he finally found something in this life that he wanted to hold on to. I really liked both characters.

The romance was super sweet. Jade and Dutch were absolutely perfect together. As to the spicy part of their relationship, I would call it more sensuous than hot, which I thought worked well with their relationship. I thought they were lovely together.

The plot was fast paced. I was hooked the entire way through. I really enjoyed the story and I thought they ending was very appropriate for the story.

Ghosts of the Falls was a lovely paranormal romance. I really enjoyed reading it. Lovers of romance, if you want a great, quick read, then you should definitely check this book out.

*I received a free copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review


No comments:

Post a Comment