Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Fireblood by Trisha Wolfe

Fireblood (Fireblood, #1)
Release date: November 26, 2013
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press
Genre: YA Dystopia Romance
Series: Fireblood #1

To save a kingdom, Zara must choose between a prince who could be the answer and a rising rebellion that threatens to take control.

When Zara Dane is chosen to marry Prince Sebastian Hart, son of the man who ordered her father’s capture, Zara knows she must fight to save everything she loves from ruin.

Being betrothed to the prince means a life trapped behind the towering stone walls of the Camelot-forged realm. Under the watchful eye of the prince's first knight, Sir Devlan Capra, changing her future becomes difficult.

When an unlikely rebel reveals the truth about the deadly secrets that fuel King Hart’s twisted world, Zara’s path to rescue her father becomes clouded by deception. The Rebels clear her path by forcing Zara’s hand with an ultimatum: sway Prince Sebastian to join the Rebels, convincing him of his father’s evil nature, or they will take him out.

But Zara is uncertain about a future under the Rebels’ command and where the prince’s heart truly lies. She must decide who to trust, what to believe, and what she’s truly fighting for before the king destroys all of Karm, including her heart.


My Rating: 5 Roses

Absolutely lovely! Fireblood was yet another amazing book from the fabulous Trisha Wolfe. This book has thrills, secrets, betrayals, and, of course, romance. It was totally amazing and I loved it!

Zara was a great heroine. Let me first say, though, that I loved her name. Partly because one of my friends also has that name and partly because I've just always liked it. But, let's talk about the actual character. She was wonderful. She was very strong and clever and always did what she thought was right. Her judgement wasn't always perfect, but I think those flaws just made her a more realistic character, somewhat that we can more easily relate to. I thought she was a lovely heroine.

Though there is kind of a love triangle, in the Zara was betrothed to someone else, Devlan was the main love interest and the hero of the story. He was awesome. He was definitely worthy of the title "hero." He was strong, brave, clever, and loyal. He always followed what he believed in, but not if it conflicted with his morals. He was also very sweet and adorable. I really liked him. I thought he was brilliant.

The romance between Zara and Devlan developed slowly. They really shouldn't have been together if they valued their lives and they realized that, so they kept a tight grip on their feelings. But, what made it sweet was that they fell for each other anyway. I thought they were a lovely couple.

Sebastian was a complicated character. There were times that I loved him and times that I wanted to punch him in the face. It was impossible to settle on whether he was good or bad, even after what happened at the end. He was a very dynamic character. On one hand, he had traces of his father's cruelty in him. On the other, he wasn't letting them take over, trying his best to be a good person. Even after what he did at the end, I still felt bad for him and still liked him. Even if I never quite figured out whether or not I loved him, I definitely loved his character. The way he was so complicated made him very interesting and an intriguing character to read about.

The plot was fast paced. I was hooked the entire way through. There were tons of secrets, particularly about how the kingdom was run, but also about the characters' pasts. And, the thrills were constant as Zara struggled to figure out what was right. It was all enough to keep me on the edge of my seat. I really enjoyed the story and the ending was lovely. I think this is going to be a standalone, other than the prequel, because all the loose ends were tied and it felt like the story was concluded. I'm happy with that fantastic ending, but I wouldn't say no to seeing more from these characters :)

Fireblood was a fantastic YA read. It was thrilling, unpredictable, romantic, and full of secrets. I absolutely loved reading it. Lovers of YA romance, this is a book you don't want to miss.

 photo 2_zps3b4250b0.jpg

*I received a free copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review


No comments:

Post a Comment