Tuesday, October 29, 2013

It Happened Under The Mistletoe by Valerie Bowman

It Happened Under The Mistletoe (Secret Brides, #3.5)
Release date: October 29, 2013
Publisher: St. Martin's Paperbacks
Genre: Historical (Regency) Romance
Series: Secret Brides #3.5

Can happily ever after begin with one Christmas kiss?

When Oliver Townsende escapes to his friend’s house for a Christmas party, he intends to avoid the hordes of marriage-minded misses who have been dogging his steps in London ever since he inherited a dukedom. He soon learns a bit of Yuletide peace and quiet is too much to ask for. When he encounters Miss Cerian Blake, who’s dodging her own unwanted set of admirers, the two decide to join forces and fake an infatuation to keep their suitors at bay. But when a bough of mistletoe becomes involved, will their Christmastime prank turn into a love to last all seasons?

My Rating: 4.5 Roses

Sweet, light, and a perfect holiday read, It Happened Under the Mistletoe was a lovely historical romance novella. I really enjoyed reading this wonderful book. It's the kind of sweet romance that just makes you smile. I loved this book!

Oliver and Cerian were great character. Both were very likable and I thought they were wonderful. Cerian was lovely, a heroine that was easy to like. Oliver was a total sweetheart. He sure knew how to make a romantic gesture. He was just adorable and I really liked him.

The romance was super sweet with a touch of spicy. My once issue with this novella is that Oliver and Cerian were somewhat stubborn about admitting their feelings to themselves and to each other. It was frustrating, when it was so obvious how they were both head over heels for each other. But, otherwise, I thought they were perfect together. Their relationship was so sweet and the chemistry between them was steamy.

The plot went by quickly. I was hooked the entire way through. I really enjoyed the sweet story and the ending had me smiling.

It Happened Under the Mistletoe was a fantastic holiday novella. It was so sweet and I enjoyed every bit of it. Lovers of romance, if you want a brilliant holiday read, then you have to check this one out.

*I received a free copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review


No comments:

Post a Comment