Sunday, October 27, 2013

Falling For The Highland Rogue by Ann Lethbridge + Featured Freebie

Falling For The Highland Rogue (The Gilvrys Of Dunros, #3)
Release date: November 19, 2013
Publisher: Harlequin
Genre: Historical Romance
Series: The Gilvrys Of Dunros #3

THE ONLY MAN TO SEE BEYOND HER COLD BEAUTY...

Disgraced lady Charity West lives in the dark world of the city's seedy underbelly. She's used and abused, yearning for freedom, and her distrust of men runs deep... until she meets Highland rogue Logan Gilvry.

Whisky runner Logan lives outside the law and is used to looking danger in the eye. Charity may just prove to be his most dangerous challenge yet. Her beauty is unrivaled, but it's her fire that lures Logan. He'll do anything to save Charity and even face her inevitable betrayal...

The Gilvrys of Dunross... Capturing Ladies' Hearts Across the Highlands


My Rating: 3 Roses

An okay read. Falling for the Highland Rogue was a sweet, steamy historical romance. Though I didn't love it, I did enjoy reading it.

Charity was a strong heroine. She's been through a lot and has been living a terrible life, but she survives through it all. I don't understand how she first got into the situation, though. It was never fully addressed, how a well born lady could end up working as, basically, a whore. And, while I understood why she acted reserved and cruel in her indifference, it started to annoy me after a while. I know she did it because she had no choice, but I don't get why she didn't try to fight. In everything else, she was a strong character, but she didn't try to change her situation until the very end. So, she wasn't my favorite heroine. But, overall, I was fine with her.

On the other hand, Logan was amazing. He was so sweet and wonderful and just adorable. And, he might be young (21, I believe), but it would be a mistake to underestimate him because of that. He was very clever and knew how to outsmart even the craftiest of criminals. He was perfect. I absolutely adored him.

The romance was sweet and steamy. I thought Charity and Logan were lovely together. Though I did get annoyed a few times, when Charity's stubbornness put a wrench in their relationship. But, I thought they were a sweet couple. And, the chemistry between them was crazy. There were certainly some steamy moments between these two.

The plot was well paced. I was kept interested the entire way through. But, I was never completely hooked. Regardless, I enjoyed the story and I thought the ending was lovely.

Falling for the Highland Rogue was a sweet historical romance. I didn't love it, but I did like it. It was an enjoyable read. If you're looking for a light book to pass the time, then you might want to check this one out.

*I received a free copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review
_________________________________________________________________
Featured Freebie:
Today, I have a sweet YA romance that I read before and really liked: The Language of Souls by Lena Goldfinch. Go forth and get it for free!


A fast-paced tale of adventure, impossible choices, and a soul-stirring romance that will leave you breathless.

Solena trespasses into hostile territory to search for a rare herb to cure the grandfather she loves. When a young enemy soldier captures her and she's accused of being a spy, Solena discovers just how much she's risked.

As a soldier, Rundan struggles to please his father, a ruthless army commander. When his father orders him to take the beautiful trespasser to the royal courts, where she'll surely be tried and executed, Rundan is plagued by an inconvenient desire to protect her.

The handsome young soldier confuses Solena. First, he cruelly captures her, and then treats her with uncommon kindness. When he risks his life to save hers, she fears she may have risked more than her life on her journey...she may have lost her heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment