Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Dark Angel: A Gothic Fairy Tale by T.J. Bennett

Dark Angel: A Gothic Fairy Tale
Release date: October 21, 2013
Publisher: Entangled: Edge
Genre: Gothic/Paranormal Romance
Series: N/A

When young widow Catherine Briton is washed ashore, the sole survivor of a violent shipwreck, all she wants is to go home to London. But injured as she is, she can’t escape when a shadowy stranger rescues her and takes her to his castle—where she’s healed with suspicious, almost magical speed.

The more time Catherine spends in the castle, the more her curiosity rises where her fiercely handsome new "master," Gerard, is concerned. As she begins to investigate, though, her discoveries only bring more questions. It seems Gerard isn't the only one on the island keeping secrets…

The small town is full of strange mysteries and townspeople who know more than they should about her. And when a hulking beast that stalks the nearby hills and valleys catches up to her, Catherine must figure out what’s going on before it’s too late.


My Rating: 5 Roses

Delightfully creepy, dark, and romantic, Dark Angel was a wonderful Gothic romance. It was deep, dark, intense, and I enjoyed every bit of it. Loved this book!

Catherine was a strong heroine. She has had a tough time, but has made the best of it. Not only that, but she turned a tragedy into something good-a home for abandoned children. She's very devoted to her work and a force to be reckoned with when she was determined to have her way. I really liked her. She was strong, clever, and selfless. Occasionally, her stubbornness was frustrating. But, otherwise, I thought she was a great character.

Gerard was a puzzle. He's the master of the island, but we don't really know much about him at first. Then, as we find out more, he gets even more puzzling, right up until the full truth is revealed. He definitely had a lot of secrets. After a few of them were given up, I started to suspect what was really going on, but it most of it still took me by surprise. But, beyond the enigma he presented, he was wonderful. He was very sweet and devoted to his people and to Catherine. I thought he was perfect and I adored him.

The romance was intense. When Catherine and Gerard fell in love, they fell hard. And all the secrets made the whole thing even more tumultuous. These two were very sweet together. Despite all the secrets, their feelings for each other were always constant. And, they weren't afraid to act on them, with all the chemistry going on between them. There was definitely some steaminess going on there. I thought they were a lovely couple.

The plot was fast paced. I was hooked the entire way though. The mystery of what was going on had me on the edge of my seat, and I was taken by surprise when I finally found out. I really enjoyed the story and I thought the ending was perfect.

Dark Angel was a brilliant read! It was dark, creepy, and romantic. In other words, a perfect Gothic romance. I loved every bit of this book. Romance lovers, if you want something different that will have you hooked, then you definitely need to read this.

 photo 2_zps3b4250b0.jpg

*I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review


No comments:

Post a Comment