Sunday, September 22, 2013

Unscrupulous by Avery Aster + Featured Freebie

Unscrupulous (The Manhattanites, #2)
Release date: August 14, 2013
Publisher: Ellora's Cave Publishing
Genre: Contemporary Erotic Romance
Series: The Manhattanites #2


At thirty-three Warner Truman is one of the richest men on the planet, a spa mogul who buys and sells resorts at will. He holds powerful executive’s careers in his well-groomed hands. Nothing is beyond Warner’s reach…until he meets her.

Stunning, tantalizing, and perverse, Taddy Brill captivates Warner’s carnal desire like no woman he’s ever met. A self-made millionaire, Taddy is tougher than steel, more brilliant than diamonds and, at twenty-seven, she’s never depended on a man for anything…until she meets him.

The more Taddy plays with Warner’s affections, driving him to erotic heights, the more she is confronted by a dark past. But before she can love him, Taddy must meet her worst fears head-on or risk losing it all, including herself.

My Rating: 3 Roses

I really liked the first book in this series, Undressed. So, I was hoping that I would like this book as much. It didn't quite hit all the bases for me, but I did enjoy this book. Unscrupulous was a lovely (very hot) read.

Taddy was a good heroine. I didn't connect with her completely, though. She was likable and a wonderful character. But, I did't feel drawn in to her character.

Warner was...*clears throat*...extremely attractive, to say the least. Wow. But, not only that, he was very sweet and adorable. I really liked him.

The romance, for me, wasn't as good as it was in the previous book. One of the things that I liked best about Undressed was the combination of off-the-charts chemistry and sweet romance. I wasn't feeling the sparks between Taddy and Warner as much. They were hot together, but the chemistry didn't feel as intense. And, the sweet factor was there, but again, I didn't feel it as much as I did in book 1. Maybe my problem is that I keep comparing. Though I had my issues with the romance, it was still lovely.

The plot was fast paced. I was kept interested the entire way through. And the ending was perfect.

Unscrupulous was a great erotic romance. Though I didn't love it, I definitely liked it. If you want a super hot read to get you fanning your face, then you should definitely read this book. And the series in general, because Avery Aster has a gift for writing super hot romance.

*I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review
__________________________________________________________________
Featured Freebie:
Today, I have an erotic historical/paranormal romance novella that sounds good: Venice Vampyr by Tina Folsom. Go forth and get it for free!



Venice, early 1800s

Isabella Tenderini, a wealthy merchant's widow rescues a stranger from drowning in one of Venice's canals. And how does the man repay her selfless act? By kissing her - her, a respectable woman.

Not only is Raphael di Santori grateful for his life being saved, he would also like to thank his rescuer very intimately - more intimately than decorum allows. But then, Raphael has never been one to play by the rules - as a vampire he doesn't have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment