Sunday, September 22, 2013

Me, Cinderella? by Aubrey Rose + Featured Freebie

Me, Cinderella?
Release date: June 24, 2013
Publisher: Self
Genre: New Adult Romance/Fairy Tale Retelling
Series: N/A

One kind deed can change your life forever...

Brynn Tomlin could never afford to follow her heart. But when she sees a stranger shivering in the snow outside of the college library, an inexplicable urge leads her to buy him a hot cup of coffee. It's just a small act of kindness, a few words of conversation. Brynn should be focusing on her finals, after all, not on the man who looked up at her gratefully with piercing blue eyes.

He could have been anyone - a janitor on break, a graduate student, a bum. But the man standing outside in the cold turns out to be Dr. Eliot Herceg, one of the most brilliant minds in mathematics and heir to a fortune. After years of reclusive isolation, he now finds his heart awakening to the kind girl whose name he does not know.

Brynn has spent her life trying to forget her desires, and Eliot's deep wounds have taken nearly a decade to heal. After so much hurt, will either of them be able to open their hearts again?


My Rating: 3 Roses

A little underwhelming to be quite honest. I was expecting a lot from this book, especially since I love fairy tale retellings. Unfortunately, it didn't quite hit all the marks for me. But, overall, it was a lovely book that is perfect for a quick, light, sweet read. Me Cinderella was a nice New Adult romance. I enjoyed reading it.

Brynn was an okay character. Though I didn't understand what her issue was. Why was she so insecure? Maybe I just missed it, but I didn't really get a full explanation. But, I thought she was a lovely heroine.

Eliot was a wonderful love interest. His past has made him reluctant to love, not to mention the fact that he's her mentor in a math program. I thought he was very sweet and an adorable hero.

The romance was cute. Almost fluffy, despite the skeletons in Brynn and Eliot's closets. It was sweet and I thought these two were lovely together.

The plot was okay. It wasn't particularly fast paced but I was kept interested the entire way through. The story was sweet and the ending was perfect. I believe there is a sequel coming up, since there was a preview of it at the end of this book. I'm curious enough to want to read what happens next, so we'll see how that goes.

Me, Cinderella? was a lovely New Adult romance. I might not have loved it, but I did enjoy it. If you want a sweet, light, and quick read, then you should give this book a try.

*I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review
_________________________________________________________________
Featured Freebie:
Today, I have two short romances that sound great: Wait For Me by Tiffany St. Claire and First Kiss by several popular romance authors. Go forth and get them for free!



"I love you. Wait for me..."

It was the last thing Ian MacInnes had said to her before he went and got himself killed. Now, days before Rhuid Penleigh is about to marry a man she doesn't love, her mind refuses to ignore the one thing her heart can never forget ...



Fourteen bestselling and award winning historical romance authors have come together with an excerpt collection just for you. All proceeds from this collection are donated to the Little Free Library (http://www.littlefreelibrary.org/index.html) charity.

Inside, you’ll find scenes leading up to that glorious moment of the first kiss—or, in a few instances, the almost first kiss.

We hope you are swept away in the romance of the First Kiss. - Darcy Burke, Jane Charles, Claudia Dain, Catherine Gayle, Rose Gordon, Samantha Grace, Julie Johnstone, Jerrica Knight-Catania, Erin Knightley, Sue London, Deb Marlowe, Delilah Marvelle, Sara Ramsey & Ava Stone






No comments:

Post a Comment