Sunday, September 29, 2013

How to Date a Dragon by Ashlyn Chase + Featured Freebie

How to Date a Dragon (Flirting with Fangs Trilogy, #2)
Release date: September 3, 2013
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Series: Flirting with Fangs #2

Let the Sparks Fly

Bliss Russo thought nothing exciting ever happened in her life. Until her building caught on fire, and she had to be carried out of the flames in the arms of a gorgeous fireman. Sure, her apartment is now in shambles, and she'll have to start her huge work project completely from scratch. But at least her love life is finally looking up…if only she can find her red-hot rescuer again.

Dragon shapeshifter Drake Cameron is the last of his clan, and the loneliness is starting to claw at him. He's met only one woman who might be able to stand the shock of his true nature. After all, she barely batted an eyelash when her home burned down. And feeling her curves against him was just as hot as the inferno. Just when he thinks he'll never track her down, she walks into his firehouse—with no idea what she's about to get herself into…


My Rating: 3 Roses

This was a very "eh" book for me. I enjoyed it. It kept me entertained while I was reading it. But, I only kind of liked it in the end. It just didn't hit the mark for me. But, it was an enjoyable read.

Bliss was an entertaining heroine. She always as a sarcastic reply ready and her wit made this book fun to read. She was an okay character. I disagreed with how she acted sometimes. For example, she got very upset at Drake for going on a failed date with a woman while he was still looking for her, before they started dating. I thought that was unfair. They hadn't even officially met and they hadn't started dating, and it was just a date with some chick. I could understand if she was a little annoyed, but she acted as if he had betrayed her. But, they hadn't even really met at that point. He didn't even touch the other woman, just went out to dinner with her. And, I also didn't understand her decision at the end of the book. She was a fine heroine, but she wasn't my favorite by any means.

Drake was much better for me. I thought he was sweet and very adorable. He was the best part of the book. I really liked him and I thought he was great.

The romance was good. It was very sweet. Bliss and Drake were adorable together. And there was a sprinkle of spice as well. I thought they were a sweet couple.

The plot was okay. I was kept interested the entire way through, but I wasn't completely hooked. I enjoyed the story and the ending was okay, though, again, I don't understand the decision that Bliss made about a job offer. It just didn't seem realistic to me. Overall, though, I enjoyed the story.

How to Date a Dragon was a good read. I can't say that I loved it, but I did enjoy reading it. I'm not sure if I would recommend it, but if you want a light read with tons of magic and romance, you might want to check this book out.

*Thanks to Netgalley and Sourcebooks Casablanca for a copy!
_________________________________________________________________
Featured Freebie:
Today, I have a Highlander/Paranormal romance novella that I adore: Unwilling by Kerrigan Byrne. Go forth and get it for free!



He should never have kissed her...

Laird Connor MacLauchlan doesn't want a wife, but he finds his Berserker mate in the heat of battle. Though he fears for her safety from the darkness that lurks inside him, fate dictates he must take her and make her his...

She was meant to be his enemy's bride...

Born to a Ross mother and a Stewart father, Lindsay has been sold to the highest bidder. On her way to meet her vile betrothed, a savage and mythic warrior slaughters her entire vanguard. Now she's his captive and he seems determined to claim her body for his own. Connor promises to keep her safe from the evil warlord she was to marry, but who will protect her from him?


No comments:

Post a Comment