Tuesday, September 24, 2013

A Tryst with Trouble by Alyssa Everett + Featured Freebie

A Tryst with Trouble
Release date: September 23,  2013
Publisher: Carina Press
Genre: Historical (Regency) Romance
Series: N/A

London, 1820

Lady Barbara Jeffords is certain her little sister didn't murder the footman, no matter how it looks…and no matter what the Marquess of Beningbrough—Ben—might say. She can scarcely help it if his cousin is the only other suspect. In fact, she wants nothing to do with ruggedly handsome Ben; he reminds her of all the insensitive clods who passed her over.

For years Ben has been dogged by painful gossip about his father's rumored homosexuality. His gruff shell hides a passionate nature, and he's also fiercely loyal—which is why he'll never let the clever and beguiling Lady Barbara pin a murder on his cousin.

Sparks fly as the two compete to defend their loved ones. But as strange new clues emerge that neither can decipher alone, they have no choice but to compare notes and sleuth in tandem. A tenuous bond develops that soon faces its toughest challenge when Ben himself becomes a suspect…


My Rating: 5 Roses

Sweet romance and thrilling mystery, secrets and scandals. We get all of that and more in A Tryst with Trouble. I absolutely loved this historical romance. It was thrilling, romantic, and full of surprises. I really enjoyed reading this book. It was simply amazing.

Barbara was one strong heroine. She was not someone you wanted to mess with. She was clever and formidable and not prone to dramatics. And I really liked her. I thought she was great. There honestly isn't anything else I can say about her other than I thought she was fantastic and likable. So, instead of singing her praises, I'll just move on.

Ben was just as wonderful, though there were a few moments where I wanted to shake him. For the most part, he was a kind, sweet, sensible man. But, sometimes, that sense went down the drain. It wasn't prolific, so it didn't really bother me. It was mostly just how he felt about his dad (why would he listen to some snotrag children instead of his experience with his kind and loving father) and his attempts to push Barbara away when things got very bad (from what you know of Barbara, what made you think she would actually listen). Other than those two, I have no complaints about Ben. He was sweet and devoted to his loved ones, and a wonderful hero. I completely adored his character.

The romance was both sweet and spicy. Barbara and Ben were adorable together. Since both of them had such strong wills, there aren't very many people who can match them. But, they definitely their matches in each other. And, the sparks were constantly flying between them. When they ignited, it was, without a doubt, super hot. I really liked this couple. They were lovely together.

I want to mention Teddy (Ben's cousin) and Helen (Barbara's sister) since they play such a large role in the story. I loved Teddy. He was so sweet and adorable and utterly lovable. I really liked him and I thought he was just wonderful. On the other hand, Helen was such a little brat. She literally never thought of anyone but herself and cared nothing for anyone's happiness but her own. I wanted to strangle her quite a few times. After having to put up with her throughout the entire book, I respected Barbara even more, for having to strength of will to continue loving her sister even when Helen acted like a she-devil (which was most of the time).

The plot was fast paced. I was hooked the entire way through. The mystery had me on the edge of my seat and I never suspected who it turned out to be. I really enjoyed the story and the ending was lovely.

A Tryst with Trouble was a fantastic historical romance. It was a truly enjoyable read and I absolutely loved it! It was thrilling, romantic, and just wonderful. Lovers of romance, you have to read this lovely book.

*Thanks to Netgalley and Carina Press for a copy!
_________________________________________________________________
Featured Freebie:
Today, I have a Regency Romance that sounds good: The Reluctant Duchess by Catherine Winchester. Go forth and get it for free!



Having been the sole provider for her family since she was 16, Lady Annabelle Wyatt knows an awful lot about responsibility but sadly, very little about love.

Richard Armstrong is just back from serving in the Army and is having difficulty filling his deceased father's shoes, as the new Duke of Hampshire.

Richard is enamoured from the moment he sets eyes on the hard working Annabelle but she is far too bound by duty to admit that she reciprocates his feelings.

With a little meddling from Richard's mother, love seems to blossom between the pair, only to be threatened by Annabelle's vengeful brother. Can Richard and Annabelle find lasting happiness, or will her brother's wrath separate them permanently?


No comments:

Post a Comment