Sunday, September 8, 2013

A to Z Book Survey

I've seen this survey floating around and it seemed totally fun. So, my turn! (Keep scrolling for the survey)...

Author you’ve read the most books from:
J.K Rowling. I've read the 7 Harry Potter books, as well as The Tales of Beedle, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, and Quidditch Through the Ages. I don't tend to particularly follow other authors, even though I like them, so I haven't read more than 10 books from any author.

Best Sequel Ever:
If we're talking a second book in a series, Gold by Talia Vance. That book took everything that made book 1 good and did it ten times better. Not to mention that agonizing ending.

If we're talking later books in a series, a tie between With All My Soul by Rachel Vincent and The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa. Both are the last books in a series and, even when a reread them, I still cry at the end. Partly because I'm happy how things turned out for the characters, partly because both authors have a sadistic pleasure in making their characters suffer for a happy ending, and partly because I'm so sad to see those characters go.

Currently Reading:
I'm about to start How to Date a Dragon by Ashlyn Chase. It sounds super good and I can't wait to get started on it. 

Drink of Choice While Reading:
Without a doubt, coffee. Made with my blend. French vanilla creamer, sugar, and a tablespoon of caramel syrup. Tastes just like Starbucks. Just thinking about it now makes we want to grab a cup and a book.

E-reader or Physical Book?
I prefer physical books. There's just something about holding a real book, complete with the book smell and the feel of the pages, that's just so sentimental. But, I do love my Kindle and my Nook. Though I prefer physical books, there is something to be said about the convenience of e-books.

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:
Honestly, I didn't date in high school. I was a total nerd. I was too busy taking a ridiculous amount of AP classes (enough that I waived two years of college) and reading a ton of books to think about dating. But, if I had dated, I probably would've gone for Chase from Friday Night Alibi by Cassie Mae. He so adorable and sweet and kind of has a hot nerd thing going on. And I love me a hot nerd :)

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:
There are a lot of books that I was unsure about in the beginning, but glad I gave it a chance later. Most recently, Price of a Kiss by Linda Kage. I was a little wary about it, considering the hero was a gigolo. But I ended up loving it to pieces and putting it on my list of most favorite books ever.

Hidden Gem Book:
Nefertiti's Heart by A.W. Exley. Not a lot of people know about it, but I thought it was a fantastic book. It combined everything I love: romance, Victorian steampunk, and Egyptian mythology. More people should read this book because it's definitely amazing.

Important Moment in your Reading Life:
I was going to say starting my blog, since it allowed me to do something with my love of books. But, as I was writing this, I remembered a vivid memory from when I was 11 years old. I have always loved reading, but, before, I tended to get books from a library and focus on other things that little girls like. But, one day, I decided I really wanted to buy a few series that I really liked (Percy Jackson, Gregor the Overlander, and the Inheritance Cycle). My parents and I went to the store to buy them and, when I got them all, I got a total book high. And from that moment on, my obsession with books took off.

Just Finished:
Fate Book by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff. I read it for a blog tour that I'm hosting in a few days. It started off a little shaky, but it turned out to be a super adorable and very thrilling book.

Kind of books you won't read:
Any rule I can come up with has a lot of exceptions. For example, usually, if it doesn't have romance, chances are that I won't like it. But, I really liked Brave New World, yet it doesn't have a lick of romance. I don't like nonfiction for the most part, but I really liked In Cold Blood by Truman Capote. 
For the most part though, those rules stand.

Longest Book You’ve Read:
Anna Karenina. That book was SO long. The edition I got was 926 pages long, and that was with tiny font and no spacing. I can usually read a standard size book (300-400 pages) in one day. But, that book took me a week. 
I really liked it, though. I didn't know if I would, but it turned out to be one of my favorite classics.

Major book hangover because of:
The Iron Traitor by Julie Kagawa. I'm still a little hungover after that ending. I couldn't even rant about it to any of my friends because they haven't read it, so I ranted about it in my review. It was totally epic. In a heartbreaking way.

Number of Bookcases You Own:
4. Two large and two small. I actually had to recently clean out my bookshelves because they were full, but there is no way in this world that I could have fit another shelf. It was very painful, but I gave a quite a few books away. I think it was 170, though a lot of them were children's books that I've had since I was little.

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:
I think the book I've reread the most is Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I think I've reread it about 15-20 times, which is kind of ridiculous. Part of the reason for that is because I was on a trip to visit my family a few years ago and I could only bring a few books (it was very difficult, I assure you) and one of the books I brought was Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. So I ended up reading it quite a few times.

Preferred Place To Read:
Either on my bed or on the couch in the living room. My go to place is the couch, but if it gets to loud or too many people come along, I move to my bedroom.

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:
There's no way I can choose just one. There are just so many quotes that I loved from so many books. But, what first comes to mind is an old classic:
“In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.” 
I know others used this quote, and why wouldn't they?  You just can't help but fall in love with Mr. Darcy after he says this. There's a special place in my heart just for him. The original tall, dark, handsome, and broody.

Reading Regret:
I don't think I have one. Not really. 
If forced to choose something, though, I would say that I regret  not continuing the Soul Screamers series earlier. At the end of book 3, I got so upset about the ending, that I refused to read book 4 for a long time. It wasn't until book 5 almost came out and I saw all that glowing reviews that book 4 had gotten that I continued with it. I wish I had done that earlier, because book 4 is what turned Soul Screamers from a good series to one of my favorites.

Series You Started And Need To Finish(all books are out in series):
 I don't usually stop reading a series. But, there is one outstanding series that I can think of. The House of Night series. I read the first 9 books, got sick and tired of nothing happening in every book and Zoey juggling several guys while gettting dumber instead of smarter. I think book 11 is almost out and the series is supposed to be 12 books. Maybe, if I have nothing else to do, I'll finish the series someday. But, I'd have to get over my severe annoyance with it first and I don't know when that will happen.

Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:
Wow, that's a difficult question. I don't even know if I can choose just three. But, I'll just list a few and force myself not to look back and obsess over it:
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows,
With All My Soul,
and The Iron Knight

Unapologetic Fangirl For:
I think it's pretty obvious, but I'll say it: Harry Potter. I don't fangirl over much, but I definitely fangirl about Harry Potter. I would totally go crazy over every book and movie release. And, even now, if, by some miracle from heaven, there was another book or movie coming out, you better believe I would go all out fangirl.

Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:
That's another difficult question, considering how many books I'm anxious to read. But, I'd have to say, Sweet Reckoning by Wendy Higgins. I'm dying to find out how things will work out for Anna, especially because this will be the last book in the trilogy. And, I kind of just want to see more of Kaiden :)

Worst Bookish Habit:
I'm totally OCD about my books. In the very few instances that I let someone borrow my books, I can't let it go without telling them to take very special care of my babies. And, every time I see that person, I'll ask them if they're finished with the book yet. I swear, I get anxiety about the thought of someone else having my books.

X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:
The Twisted Tragedy of Miss Natalie Stewart by Leanna Renee Hieber. Love that book!

Your latest book purchase:
Deception by C.J. Redwine. That was a brilliant sequel.

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):
These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner. I read it a few weeks ago and I refused to sleep until I finished it because it was so freaking good!


No comments:

Post a Comment