Friday, August 2, 2013

Feature & Follow #27

bloglovin
Feature and Follow-a great way to *meet* new blogging buddies and gain new followers! F&F hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.

Q: How do you handle a book you don’t like? Do you DNF or do you power through?

It depends on the book. If I'm reading a book purely for pleasure, with no obligation to review, if I'm not interested within the first few chapters, I'll probably DNF. If I'm obviously not enjoying a book I'm supposed to be reading for pleasure, then I don't want to waste my time when there are other books to read. With books I get to review, I'm more stalwart. Unless something is really bothering me, I'll power through at least halfway. If I'm still not interested at that point, then I'm probably never going to be and I'll either start skimming if I'm still hoping for better or DNF if nothing is keeping me engaged. There are some books that I'll toss out withing the first few chapters and those are the ones I'll DNF immediately because something is bothering me. Usually, it's the character. If I start out the book and immediately the character gets on my nerves, then I won't bother going on because I'll just get more annoyed. That happened once within the first chapter of the book and another after the first few chapters. I don't want to waste my time on a book that I'm know I won't like when I have so many other books I want to read. 

So, what about you?




4 comments:

  1. Before I used to power through but not anymore. I DNF as soon as it gets boring!

    Happy Friday! New follower via GFC!

    Jenai

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to power through them, but I just can't bring myself to do it anymore.

    My FF

    .::*Valentina*::.
    Fantastical Booksih Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. definitely too many good books to waste time with stuff that bores you.
    I like your fish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, thanks! I thought they were the cutest things when I got the fish widget and I'm glad other people think so, too :)
    Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete