Welcome to my post for the Plus One blog tour! Thanks to Bewitching Book Tours for organizing this blog tour. This book was so great-loved it! I have an excerpt coming up for you, as well as a guest post from the author. But, first, allow me to introduce the book:
Olivia hates the singles scene, so when her best guy friend, Ian, offers to be her plus one to a series of weddings she has to attend, she agrees. Although she doesn't want to complicate their lifelong friendship, she can't pass up the chance to have a steady date without the dating drama. What she doesn't expect is to now find Ian so incredibly sexy.
When Ian sees his old friend Olivia dolled up for wedding #1, the boyhood crush he once nurtured transforms into smoldering attraction. It doesn't take long for their no-strings arrangement to turn physical. But as Olivia's desire to stay "just friends" becomes clear, Ian's feelings are deepening. In the time they have together, how will Ian convince Olivia that one plus one can make for a lifelong pair?
Above all else, what I look for in a romance are heroes that give good swoon. Of course, it’s a bonus if he knows his way around the bedroom, but if he can get me in the heart-feels, I’m a goner. I love those seemingly innocent words and those not-so-grand gestures that somehow speak louder than an over-the-top declaration any day of the week.
When Ian from Plus One came to me, there wasn’t a doubt in my mind he’d be swoony. When he first showed up in my mind, I saw him as being this super sweet, sensitive and caring guy, but he was also big and manly and confidently sexy. Basically a walking contradiction. So I started to question how a man in his late twenties would come to be that way. The answer came in his upbringing. Being the only boy in a family with four children would surely do that. How do you grow up around all that estrogen and not be sensitive to what women want, right?
Because of this, he knew just what to say to Olivia—my heroine who, despite being mentally checked- out from the dating scene, can’t help but notice—and just what to do to make her take a second look.
And because I’m not just a sucker for swoons, but I’m also a giver, I’m going to list my top 10 swooniest
guys. In no particular order, because the pressure was too much and I love them all.
- Jack from Smooth Talking Stranger. Because there is just something about a man with a baby snuggled to his chest.
- Etienne from Anna and the French Kiss. Because he speaks French and has an English accent and he’s dreamy.
- Lucas from Easy. Because who doesn’t like a knight in shining armor?
- Van from Sheltered. Because he is a giant of a man filled with the softness of a teddy bear.
- Nev from About Last Night. Because he’s perfect. No, seriously, perfect. And he says knickers.
- Tyler in Private Practice. Because he’s dominant without being controlling and also patient and so sweet.
- T.J. in On the Island. Because of the business card. And that’s all I can say about that.
- Brian in Rock Me. Because I love a contradiction.
- Shadow from Graffiti Moon. Because he uses the prettiest words.
- Brady from Animal Magnetism. Because there is something delicious about an Alpha man with a soft spot for his woman.
About the Author: