Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Gargoyle Blog Tour: Review

BB Book Tours
Welcome to my post for the Gargoyle blog tour! I have a review of this book coming up for you. But, first, let me introduce the book:


GARGOYLE (The Gathering Series, #1)

Briar Cliff Township - New England's best kept secret...turns out is has a few secrets of its own.

For much of the year Briar Cliff is exactly the same as any other small town snugly nestled into the forests of the New England coast. But once a year when the winds change... old stirrings arise from long kept secrets, forgotten misdeeds and a thirst for vengeance.
And so the Gathering begins...Something Wicked this way comes...


Elyeograg (Gathering #1) is FREE on Amazon! if you wanted to read it - even though it is NOT necessary to do so to read GARGOYLE! :)



My Rating: 3.5 Roses
Inline image 1Inline image 1Inline image 1

In a nutshell: I loved the concept and the diverse cast of characters, but I wish I had more explanations because I was lost for a while in the beginning before I totally caught on.

Loved the new concept of gargoyles. I think I've only heard something similar once. I liked how the author created a new mythology for the stone creatures. But, I wish there had been more explanations. It took me a while to finally figure most of it out and I still don't totally get the mythology. So, this book could have done with some more world building.

The characters in this book were diverse and dynamic. All of them felt like real, individual people who played their own role in the events. And, when the POV switched, each had their own voice so that I knew when I change occurred. I wish there had been more character building. For about the first half, I wasn't sure who everyone was and it took me a while to get all the characters straight.

The plot moved very quickly. I was hooked on the mystery of what was going on as all of the human characters tried to make sense of it. And the ending had me curious to find out what happens next.

*I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review

About the Author:

I am the author of the Ravenhurst Series -a time-travel paranormal romance, written with an ensemble cast of characters -Forgotten Time, Shadows of Yesterday, Time to Remember are all available now and the fourth installment Dreams of Tomorrow will be coming this year 2013.
I also write YA/contemporary urban fantasy with a kick-The Gathering Series about Gargoyles. Elyograg, Gargoyle and The Gathering Series Vol. 1 are now available on Amazon and Barnes & Noble.


No comments:

Post a Comment