Thursday, May 9, 2013

Feature and Follow #18


Alison Can Read Feature & Follow
Feature and Follow-a great way to *meet* new blogging buddies and gain new followers! F&F hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.

Q: Happy Mother's Day! Who is your favorite mom from fiction?

The Harry Potter moms are a given in this one. Lily for her willingness to sacrifice everything for her son and Mrs. Weasley for not only being a devoted mother to her children, but also being a great mother to any one else in need of a mother.

Also, I really like the mom in the Percy Jackson series. Even with Percy running off to kill mythological demons, she still played a big role in his life and did her best to care for him no matter what.

And I think Mrs. Bennet is awesome because she's just so entertaining in Pride and Prejudice. But she was still devoted to her daughters in her own special way. It just happened to include marrying them all off :)

So, what about you?

5 comments:

  1. Hopping through. Mrs. Bennet is crazy but her obsession with marrying off her daughters is actually reasonable given the situation for women back then.

    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw someone else put the mom from the Percy Jackson series and I can't believe that I forgot about her!!! For shame!

    AngieAngela's Anxious Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went with Mrs. Dashwood from Sense & Sensibility for this one. I don't pay too much attention to moms in romance novels to be honest.

    Adria
    MY FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. new follower here via bloglovin and networkedblogs. Love your site and look forward to your posts.

    Hope i can see you back at either of my blogs. Keep on Bloggin'

    http://guinandlibertadtomas.blogspot.com

    http://yamulticulturaljunkie.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete