Sunday, April 7, 2013

Bound to Be a Bride by Megan Mulry + Featured Freebie


Bound to Be a Bride


In 1808 tempestuous Isabella, daughter of the Duke of Feria, unites with rebellious Javi, a highborn aristocrat practiced in the art of hoj┼Źjutsu, Japanese rope binding. They meet in the forest of western Spain, where both are on the run from an arranged marriage…to each other.








My Rating: 3/5

A unique historical romance novella. Bound to be a Bride was a good read, though it didn't completely work out for me.

I liked the characters. Isabella was strong, determined to gain her independence, and likable.
Javi was incredibly attractive, both in looks and personality, sweet, and a wonderful hero.

I liked how the whole rope-binding thing added a different element to this book. And how it added some extra spice to the bedroom scene.

I liked the story and I loved how it ended.

But, I couldn't get into the novella completely. I didn't feel like I was able to connect with the characters or the story, despite liking all of that. There wasn't any emotional investment. That may be because it was a novella and, perhaps, too short for becoming invested in the story. But, I've read other novellas that I still felt emotionally invested, despite the length. 

I still liked Bound to be a Bride. I just didn't love it. I would still recommend it to romance lovers, since it was a good read. It just wasn't amazing.

*Thanks to Netgalley and Sourcebooks Casablanca for a copy!
__________________________________________________________________________
Featured Freebie:
Today, I have a medieval romance that sounds great: A Winter Ballad by Barbara Samuel. Go forth and get it for free!

A FAIR MAIDEN
Anya of Winterbourne had suffered nothing but humiliation at the hands of men. And yet when she found a fallen knight in a still winter forest, she could not leave him to die.

A NOBLE KNIGHT

Weary of battle and pursued by assassins, Christian de Moreerx would have liked nothing more than to stay at Winterbourne and champion the elusive and beleaguered Lady Anya. But his past contained a secret he had to decipher if he was to live, and his presence could only bring more disaster to the manor.

A GREAT AND DANGEROUS GAME

To thwart their separate enemies, Lady Anya and her broken knight battle virulent forces and face death itself to win the love that would long be sung by troubadours as... A WINTER BALLAD

No comments:

Post a Comment