Sunday, April 28, 2013

A Beastly Scandal by Shereen Vedam + Featured Freebie

A Beastly ScandalA BELLE OF THE BALL…
Lady Annabelle Marchant was a belle of the ball in London until she used her psychical senses to save a man’s life. She failed miserably, leaving him dead and her disgraced. All she wants now is a chance to comfort his widow by cleansing the woman’s home of her husband’s restless spirit. But the widow’s son, the beastly Lord of the Manor, accuses her of coming to the wilds of Cheshire to snag him as a husband. Thoroughly disgusted, she is bent on proving him wrong.

…BECOMES PERSONA NON-GRATA…
Lord Rufus Marlesbury, the Earl of Terrance, is suspected of murdering his father. He has come home to clear his name by finding the real killer before the new year or the king has promised that Rufus will be called in front of the House of Lords to answer for the crime. He does not have time to waste fending off a marriage-minded miss who has inveigled an invitation to his home by playing on his grief-stricken mother’s worst fears.

…WHEN A MURDERER IS ON THE RAMPAGE
With an unruly manor ghost terrorizing the occupants and corpses piling up in the village, Belle must find a way to see the man beneath the beast and Rufus must learn to believe in the love of a woman who has no reason to trust him. Only by working together can they stop a vengeful ghost before it torments the guests or before the killer strikes again.




My Rating: 4/5

A sweet Regency fairy tale retelling. A Beastly Scandal was a very cute, clean romance.

I love fairy tale retellings. However, they can go wrong very easily, so I was worried that would happen with this book. Fortunately, it turned out lovely. I really enjoyed reading this take on Beauty and the Beast.

Belle was a strong heroine. She is used to ridicule because of her psychic ability and she has toughened up because of that. She doesn't let anyone's opinion get in the way of trying to help. The one issue I had regarding her was that the scandal that ruined her was never fully explained. It mentioned it a little, but I still wasn't quite sure exactly what happened. But, that didn't affect my opinion of Belle. I still really liked her.

Rufus was somewhat bipolar. He would go from being a total jerk, bashing Belle's supposed abilities, to a sweetheart who would make any woman sigh. As the book went on, the sweeter side of him became more dominant, so it wasn't an overreaching problem. I didn't absolutely fall for him, but I did really like him.

As I mentioned before, this featured a clean romance. Nothing more than a few kisses. It was very sweet, the type of romance that gets you smiling.

The plot was fast-paced. Props to the author, because I never suspected who the murderer actually was. And I really liked how the ghost element of this book was included. With thrills ans surprises, the story had me interested the entire way through. And the ending was perfect.

Romance lovers, if you're looking for a sweet, light romance, you should definitely read this book.

*Thanks to Netgalley and ImaJinn Books for a copy!
____________________________________________________________________
Featured Freebie:
Today, I have a historical romance novella that I really like: The Misbehaving Marquess by Leigh LaValle. Go forth and get it for free!




Having awaited the return of her husband for half a decade, Catherine Raybourne, the Marchioness of Foster, has no intention of reconciling with her misbehaving marquess. But when he insists he needs an heir-immediately-she must confront her own lingering desires. Can she protect her heart while attempting to win his once again?




8 comments:

  1. Thanks for that wonderfully, thoughtful review, Farrah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the valuable information you supply in your articles.
    I'll bookmark your blog and take a look at again right here regularly. I'm reasonably sure I'll be informed plenty of new stuff right here! Best of luck for the following!

    Feel free to visit my homepage: bukkit 1.5.1

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am extremely impressed with your writing skills and also with the
    layout on your weblog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify
    it yourself? Anyway keep up the nice quality
    writing, it is rare to see a nice blog like this one these days.


    Feel free to surf to my web site - Wireless Redstone Mod Tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any widgets I could add
    to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates.
    I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

    Take a look at my site ... bukkit Server setup

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's actually a nice and useful piece of information. I'm happy that you just shared
    this helpful info with us. Please stay us informed like this.
    Thanks for sharing.

    Here is my weblog; Feed The Beast Collab

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, this was a very nice post. Taking a few minutes and actual effort to produce
    a top notch article… but what can I say… I procrastinate a whole lot and never manage to get nearly anything done.


    Feel free to visit my site Dota 2 Sniper Tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a really well written article.

    I'll make sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I will definitely return.

    Here is my blog post; The Hidden Installation

    ReplyDelete