Sunday, March 10, 2013

Lord of Darkness by Elizabeth Hoyt: Author Interview and Review

Lord of Darkness (Maiden Lane, #5)
When Strangers In The Night

He lives in the shadows. As the mysterious masked avenger known as the Ghost of St. Giles, Godric St. John's only goal is to protect the innocent of London. Until the night he confronts a fearless young lady pointing a pistol at his head—and realizes she is his wife.

Become Lovers...

Lady Margaret Reading has vowed to kill the Ghost of St. Giles—the man who murdered her one true love. Returning to London, and to the man she hasn't seen since their wedding day, Margaret does not recognize the man behind the mask. Fierce, commanding, and dangerous, the notorious Ghost of St. Giles is everything she feared he would be—and so much more.

Desire Is The Ultimate Danger

When passion flares, these two intimate strangers can't keep from revealing more of themselves than they had ever planned. But when Margaret learns the truth—that the Ghost is her husband—the game is up and the players must surrender...to the temptation that could destroy them both

Author Interview:

I had the chance to ask the wonderful author a few questions.
So, everyone, please welcome Elizabeth Hoyt!

Why do you choose to write historical romance rather than other romance genres?

I like the fantasy aspect of escaping into an entirely different time period, and the swords the guys are
wearing are kind of nifty too.

For you, what is the most difficult part of writing your novels? The easiest?
Weelll, pretty much everything is difficult. In fact, if I write a scene and it’s actually relatively easy it
surprises me. I spend a lot of time staring into space. The best part (not easiest!) is revision, because at
least I have a full manuscript to work with and I’m polishing an already mostly done product.

Do you have a favorite hero or heroine from all of your books? If so, who and why?
Actually I really enjoyed writing Megs, the heroine from my current book, Lord of Darkness. She’s just so
full of life and love and she has a tendency to blurt out what she’s thinking. There are days I wish I could
do that. ;-)

What characteristics do you think are most important in a romance hero or heroine?
Erm…determination? I like my characters to never give up. Well, unless they think they’re heroine has
left them forever and they turn suicidal. That’s different. ;-)

If you could go back in time to Victorian times, what would you do?
Hmm. Probably ride one of those early trains. Wouldn’t that be fun? If I could go back in time to the
Georgian period in which I write, I think I’d like to go on a voyage of exploration on a tall ship, but not on
Captain Cook’s voyage, because that did not end at all well.

Thanks for coming, Ms. Hoyt!
To learn more about the author and her brilliant books, visit her website, twitter, facebook, goodreads, or pinterest!
____________________________________________________________________

My Rating: 5/5

AMAZING! Lord of Darkness was a fabulous addition to the wonderful Maiden Lane series-I loved it!

I really love the idea of the Ghost of Saint Giles and this is the second book in the series featuring the Ghost-since there are actually 3 of them. I think it's such a brilliant idea-it's unique and definitely interesting. 

Megs was a wonderful heroine. She was just awesome. She tended to be impulsive and the hilarious things she would do had me cracking up. She was definitely brave. This chick went into Saint Giles-one of the most dangerous areas of London-and tried to shoot the man she believed to have killed her first love. But she was also very clever and an understanding character. There honestly isn't anything I can say against her. She was a wonderful heroine-definitely on my list of favorites. 

Godric was equally lovely. At first glance, he portrays a dull image. A middle aged, bookish gentleman. Nice, but boring. But, wow, does he prove that image wrong within the the first couple of chapters. That surface hides his strength, passion, intelligence. And he reveals them all throughout the course of the book. He was also such a sweetheart. I adored him so much.

I loved Megs and Godric's relationship. They both started out getting over someone else, so they weren't in love immediately. But, the building up of their feelings was very well done and so sweet. And, when they finally got together, it was HOT. They were a perfect couple. 

The pace of the book was perfect. It moved quickly and had me interested the entire way through. The mystery of who was behind all the problems as well as the thrills along the way kept me on the edge of my seat. And the ending was lovely. Now, I'm so excited for the next book to be released. I can't wait to read the next story!

Lord of Darkness was such a wonderful historical romance. All romance lovers, you should definitely try this book!

*Thanks to Grand Central Publishing for a copy!

2 comments:

  1. i love elizabeth hoyt novels... i collected all her novel ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth Hoyt is definitely a great romance authors-one of the best :)

    ReplyDelete