Thursday, March 7, 2013

Feature and Follow #9

Alison Can Read Feature & Follow
Feature and Follow-a great way to *meet* new blogging buddies and gain new followers! F&F hosted by Parajunkee andAlison Can Read.

Q: What is a book you didn't like that all your friends raved about or what book did you love that wasn't popular?
There are a couple of books that I my friends were really into that I didn't like. But, I do have one in particular. My friend read the Hunger Games series and loved it, so she urged me to read it. I read it. And, it wasn't my cup of tea :(
As for a book that I liked that wasn't popular among my friends: I read Darker Still and adored it, so I convinced another of my friends to read it. And she hated it. I was almost personally offended. I still bring that up whenever we talk ;)

So, what about you?

13 comments:

  1. Hopping through. Darker Still seems to be controversial. I've read a lot of mixed things about it. I still want to read it. New follower!

    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't The Hunger Games either.

    Old GFC Follower

    http://pinkyjustlisten.blogspot.com/2013/03/feature-follow-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. New Follower! I haven't read The Hunger Games yet - one of my posts pointed this out - boy did I get shouted at for that! I know I will eventually get to it, but also worried I wont enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops linky linky to my blog: http://www.whyicantstopreading.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read the Hunger Games as it came out and I do love them!

    New follower

    ~Ashley

    My F&F

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know whether to read the Hunger Games or not, I enjoyed the movie so much- I don't want to ruin the movie by not liking the books! I'm a new follower, here's my FF at Rookie Romance

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi!

    I'm a new follower via GFC!

    http://bookaddictbieke.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked THG, especially Catching fire :) And I want to read Darker Still.

    FF - Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. New follower here... and I can absolutely see how the Hunger Games isn't for everyone. It's a pretty harsh story... plus my issue with everyone raving about it has always been... have they never heard about Battle Royale?!

    http://littlesqueed.blogspot.com/2013/03/feature-and-follow-friday-139.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, I loved the Hunger Games. One of my favorite series! I follow by Twitter. Happy blog hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the hunger games! Well, who doesn't? I'm your newest follower :D

    Here is mine: http://soulfictionreviews.blogspot.ca/2013/03/my-first-feature-follow.html

    ReplyDelete