Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The Goddess Inheritance by Aimee Carter + Featured Freebie

The Goddess Inheritance (Goddess Test, #3)
Love or life.
Henry or their child.
The end of her family or the end of the world.
Kate must choose.


During nine months of captivity, Kate Winters has survived a jealous goddess, a vengeful Titan and a pregnancy she never asked for. Now the Queen of the Gods wants her unborn child, and Kate can't stop her--until Cronus offers a deal.

In exchange for her loyalty and devotion, the King of the Titans will spare humanity and let Kate keep her child. Yet even if Kate agrees, he'll destroy Henry, her mother and the rest of the council. And if she refuses, Cronus will tear the world apart until every last god and mortal is dead.

With the fate of everyone she loves resting on her shoulders, Kate must do the impossible: find a way to defeat the most powerful being in existence, even if it costs her everything.

Even if it costs her eternity.


My rating: 4/5


So much occurred in The Goddess Inheritance that I'm still digesting everything, 2 days after reading the book. I'm still a little speechless, but I can say that this book was a wonderful end to a lovely series.

I had one issue with this book, so I'm going to get it out of the way first. Kate began the series as a strong character. That was the reason that I liked her so much. But during this book, she was a freaking watering pot. Maybe it was just the post pregnancy hormones, but she just burst into tears about everything. And a couple of characters in the book even mention it. Kate is usually strong; it really irritated me that she was being a baby and sobbing every few pages. By the end, she realizes how ridiculous she is being and toughens up. That helped, but I was still annoyed. 

Now, let's get to the positive.

After pulling herself together, Kate proved how much she had grown throughout the series. At the end, I was able to see how strong and compassionate she had become. So, in the end, I admired her greatly.

Henry was such a sweetheart in this book; I swear, he made my heart melt. He was just SO adorable. And he grew as a character as well. He was able to move past everything that used to hold him back and become a true hero. I loved him anyway, but,because of that, now I love him even more.

Since the major bumps in their relationship were smoothed, Kate and Henry were such a lovely couple. They brought out the strength in each other and weathered through the possible apocalypse together. It was nice to see a relationship that had been put through so much to finally prosper.

Milo, Kate and Henry's son, was SO cute! Oh my goodness, I loved that little baby. I don't want to say too much about him so that I don't spoil anything, but he was so adorable. Even though, obviously, he doesn't directly play a role in the situation, he was a constant presence. His existence is what spurs Kate and Henry to fight with everything they have in them. And Henry was SUCH an adorable father. He so obviously adored his son, it was precious, especially because we know that he hasn't had that ever in his thousands of years long life. Kate was also a devoted parent. Even though she may not have planned on Milo, she was still a wonderful mother to him.

The other character also had their growth. All the other main gods and goddesses changed: Walter/Zeus, Ava/Aphrodite, Diana/Demeter, James/Hermes. So many dimensions were added to their character, that I began to feel like they were almost real people. 

Someone dies in this book, and I won't say who. I'll let that torment you until you find out. But the emotional aspects of it were very well done. If I hadn't been almost asleep because I refused to go to bed until I finished the book, I probably would have cried. 

The action in the book was constant-obviously, since they were in a war. The solution to the problem was very clever. I would never have thought about it. But it managed to bring in a certain aspect that seemed minor before into full play. The emotions in this book were palpable. The Goddess Inheritance brought in so much and that new baggage brought in so much more emotion. 

The ending was perfect for the series. It was bittersweet. Happy because of the outcome of the war and the main relationship. But sad because of all that transpired during the war and all the emotion that was drawn up. And I had to say goodbye to all of the characters that I grew to care for throughout the series. Once again, emotional. 

The Goddess Inheritance was a wonderful ending to the Goddess Test series. To all fans of these series, you will love the final book. 

And, finally, farewell to all the beloved characters. I love you guys!

Thanks to Netgalley and Harlequin TEEN for a copy!
______________________________________________
Featured Freebie:
Today, I have a historical romance that looks interesting: The Earl's Inconvenient Wife by Ruth Ann Nordin. Go forth and get it for free!
The Earl's Inconvenient Wife (Regency Collection Book 1)

Nathaniel Buford, Earl of Roderick, doesn't want a wife, but his brother died, passing on the title of earl to him. Now he is bound by duty to get an heir. Unfortunately, to get the heir, he must find a wife. As luck would have it, he gets caught in a scandalous situation not of his doing, and the next thing he knows, he's married...and to a lady whose family is reported to desire money above all else.
Miss Claire Lowell wanted to get married. But she never intended to marry a gentleman who felt trapped into it, and she certainly never thought her family would have a hand in the scandal that forced Lord Roderick's hand in marriage. Can love find a way to thrive under such conditions or will her father's eagerness to see her married off to an earl condemn her to a loveless marriage?

No comments:

Post a Comment