Thursday, November 29, 2012

The Deed by Lynsay Sands

The Deed (Deed, #1)
An innocent young beauty finds herself the fulcrum of a struggle for feudal power. Along with her ample dowry, Emma finds herself promised to Amaury de Aneford, a landless knight whose able sword has preserved the King's crown-and whose rugged good looks make her heart skip a beat. But on the wedding day, as a rival knight gallops toward the bridal chamber, Amaury will find that making love to his naive new bride will take consummate skill. For in the conjugal bed, Emma is astonished to learn there is more to a wedding night than just a sound sleep-and more to true love than she's ever imagined

My rating: 5/5


I LOVED this book. The Deed was one of the best historical romances I've ever read!

Emma was a hilarious heroine. This chick is tough. And has a hell of a lot of spunk. When her husband wrongs her, what does she do? She shoots an arrow at him to prove a point. That instance and many others had me cracking up at her antics and admiring her strength. She's low on self confidence but, for just this instance, it didn't bother me because there was a very good reason for it. Loved this heroine!

Amaury was just as brilliant. This hero is gruff and not too eloquent. But, he still melted my heart. He was such a sweetheart. He showed his love to Emma in his own gruff manner than had me smiling. And his antics had me laughing as much as Emma's did. He was so lovable, sweet, strong, protective of those he loves. I adored him.

The relationship between these two is the perfect blend of spicy and sweet. They were an adorable couple and they had just enough spice to keep things interesting. I really liked them together and definitely rooted for them the whole time.

The plot was fast-paced and kept me into it the whole time. There is a big of political intrigue that added a nice thriller element to a romance story. The plots had me on the edge of my seat. And the ending was utter perfection.

I LOVE this book. By far, one of my favorite medieval romances.
________________________________________________
Featured Freebie:
Today, I have a pirate historical romance for you: Across a Moonlit Sea by Marsha Canham. Go forth and get it for free!
Across A Moonlit Sea (Pirate Wolf series)A rip roaring high seas adventure set in Elizabethan England when dashing privateers known as sea hawks banded together to guard their country and their queen against the Invincible Armada being amassed by Spain. Simon Dante, the Pirate Wolf, meets his match in battle and in love when he crosses swords with Isabeau Spence. Together they join forces with Sir Francis Drake on a daring attack on Cadiz.

No comments:

Post a Comment