Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Wolfishly Yours by Lydia Dare

Wolfishly Yours (Westfield Wolves, #6)
Accustomed to running wild with her Lycan brothers in the swamps of Louisiana, Miss Liviana Mayeux is shipped off to London where Lady Hadley offers to sponsor and assist her. Before she knows it, Vivi finds herself in the middle of a pack of English wolves who are all vying for her attention. But Lady Hadley's handsome son Grayson is determined to keep her out of trouble. If only he knew how...


I adored Wolfishly Yours. It was a brilliant book. Sweet and steamy romance with a pinch of paranormal elements. A recipe for greatness ;)

I don't read many paranormal historical romances. I read paranormal romances and I read historical romances. For some reason, it never occurred to me to find a book that was a mix. So, Wolfishly Yours was a bit of an experiment for me. But I am oh so glad I went for it. 

Livi was a wonderful heroine. She is unconventional, to say the least. After being raised with werewolf brothers, she's not exactly the perfect lady. Her mishaps is society were hilarious. She's also very strong, another part of being raised with werewolves. When she set her mind to something, there was no convincing her out of it. That did bite her in the butt, later on. Usually she's smart, but she made a rather stupid decision and her tenacity refused to let anyone convince her otherwise. That decision is the one part of the book I didn't like. Yes, she's impulsive and stubborn, but this particular instance was over the top. 

But, otherwise, Livi was a lovely character. I was quite fond of her.

Grayson was just amazing. He was so endearing, it didn't take longer than a few pages for me to adore him. He's just so adorable. His antics, especially with his brothers, made me laugh quite a few times. And he was so sweet to Livi. He starts falling for her immediately and the way he acted with her was so sweet. Their relationship was perfect. Sweet with a mix of some spicy. They were just perfect together. But, damn, I wish I could find myself a sweet, gentleman of a werewolf. If only ;)

Livi's brothers were hilarious. They don't show up until later on in the book, but I adored them. Despite their smaller roles, they tended to be scene stealers. The other characters were all well-drawn out. 

The plot was well-done. Fast paced, it kept me interested the whole time. The ending was lovely. It left me with a smile on my face. 

Wolfishly Yours is a lovely book. I adored it. To any romance lover, this book will be a delight. 

4/5

Thanks to Netgalley for a copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment