Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Some Like It Wicked by Carole Mortimer

Some Like It Wicked
DEVIL BY NAME… 

Rupert Stirling, Duke of Stratton, has long since acquired the nickname Devil. and with outrageous exploits both in and out of ladies’ bedchambers, my, has he earned it!

Risqué behavior is beyond Pandora Maybury, widowed Duchess of Wyndwood—although with her dark secret she’s far too well acquainted with being the subject of ribald gossip for her liking. If only the Ton knew just how innocent she really was...including Rupert who, after rescuing her from a compromising situation, seems intent on wickedly compromising her himself



I REALLY loved this book. It was fantastic, full of delicious romance, suspense, danger, mystery, and secrets. What's not to love?

I really liked Pandora. She was an admirable heroine. Though she has had a difficult past, she has risen from it stronger. And she is enormously kind, as her actions involving her scandal reveal. She could be prickly sometimes, though I didn't mind. She had every reason to be wary. Someone had been breaking into her house for something and she didn't know who it was and what that person wanted. That would put anyone on edge. But, she toughed it all out. She really was a remarkable heroine.

Rupert was so adorable. He was so charming, it took me no time at all to adore him. Our first impression of him isn't the best, as he's trash-talking Pandora at the time. But he  makes up for it quickly. He was the perfect hero, so sweet and protective over Pandora. Their relationship was full of passion. They would be furiously arguing one minute, than on each other the next, sparks flying between them constantly. But there were also some sweeter moments that proved how in love the two of them were. 

The plot was lovely. It had plenty of surprises and never a dull moment. The reveal of who was responsible for the break-ins was a huge surprise. I never saw that coming. And, of course, we had the perfect historical romance ending.

Some Like it Wicked was a wonderful book. To all who love historical romance, you will adore this book.

5/5

Thanks to Netgalley and Harlequin for a copy! 

3 comments:

  1. I love your reviews - they make me want to read all the same books as you!

    I'll have to add this one to my never ending and always expanding "to-read" pile. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      I'm glad my reviews make you interested in the books. That's the goal; it's nice to know I achieve it :)

      Delete
    2. Goal totally achieved. I started reading your reviews on Goodreads and then once I got a blog, decided to cyberstalk, I mean follow, you here. ;)

      Delete