Sunday, September 2, 2012

Inbetween by Tara A. Fuller

Inbetween (Kissed by Death, #1)
Since the car crash that took her father’s life three years ago, Emma’s life has been a freaky — and unending — lesson in caution. Surviving “accidents” has taken priority over being a normal seventeen-year-old, so Emma spends her days taking pictures of life instead of living it. Falling in love with a boy was never part of the plan. Falling for a reaper who makes her chest ache and her head spin? Not an option.

It’s not easy being dead, especially for a reaper in love with a girl fate has put on his list not once, but twice. Finn’s fellow reapers give him hell about spending time with Emma, but Finn couldn’t let her die before, and he’s not about to let her die now. He will protect the girl he loves from the evil he accidentally unleashed, even if it means sacrificing the only thing he has left…his soul.



So, amazingly, heart-warmingly sweet!
Inbetween was a book that would make anyone smile, a work of magnificence.

The idea itself is interesting, but it could easily have been ruined. But Inbetween was well done, sweet, and a treat for all readers.

Emma was a great character. She hasn't had the easiest time, with all the near death experiences she's been having. But, she still stays strong through it all. She was lovely, but she was a little...unmemorable. She was nice, brave, nothing to complain about. But she wasn't particularly outstanding. I'm not saying that's a terrible thing, but it was a little underwhelming. Don't get me wrong, I still liked her character. But I wish she had a little more fire.

Finn was definitely memorable. When I say he would do anything for Emma, I mean he would do literally anything. Even if it meant defying his boss in the afterlife, even if it meant going to hell. It was so admirable and adorable. He was so heart-achingly sweet, it was utterly impossible not to like him. The relationship between him and Emma was the most perfect relationship. But, I wish there had been more development there. I know that they loved each other before, but I wish I had seen more development of their current relationship. I would have made the book better.

The other relationships in this book don't have that problem. Emma's relationship with her best friend, Cash, was fun. He's the best guy friend every girl wants to have. He might be a womanizer, but he's just so lovable, you have to get a soft spot for him. Finn's friends were all fun as well. I believe the next book is about Cash and Anaya, if I remember correctly. I could just be making that up, so don't take my word for it.

The story was fast-moving. The plot was so sweet, a show of just how true a love can be. The ending was so perfect, I literally smiled like an idiot as I was reading it.

Inbetween was a remarkable book. Besides the lack of relationship development, it was perfect.

Loved it: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment