Thursday, August 9, 2012

Outrageous Confessions of Lady Deborah by Marguerite Kaye

Outrageous Confessions of Lady Deborah
Just who is Lady Deborah?I am the Dowager Countess of Kinsail, and I have enough secrets to scandalize you for life.

I will never reveal the truth of my soul-destroying marriage—some things are too dark to be told. But at least no one can guess that I, a famously icy-hearted widow, am also the authoress of the shamelessly voluptuous romances currently shocking the ton!
Only now I have a new secret identity, one that I will risk my life to keep—accomplice to Elliot Marchmont, gentleman, ex-soldier and notorious London thief. This adventurer's expert touch ignites in me a passion so intoxicating that surviving our blistering affair unscathed will be near impossible


Outrageous Confessions of Lady Deborah was a wonderful book, simply amazing. The romance, high stakes, and shocking secrets kept me on the edge of my seat.

The story of this book was very original. I haven't seen anything like it before. And that definitely turned out for the better. 

Lady Deborah was a unique character in the world of romance. To say she is shocking would be an understatement. She writes steamy, erotic books and jumps at the chance to be an accomplice to a notorious thief as soon as she meets Elliot. That made her really fun to read about. But she was more than that. Her marriage was a disaster, an absolute train wreck. It caused her a lot of pain, shame, and humiliation. Not to mention the emotional scars it left behind. That was probably my favorite part of the story, the depth of the emotion as Lady Deborah tries to heal from her previous marriage. This causes her to make some really stupid decisions, but I couldn't fault her for it, not when her emotional state was so clearly described. Despite all her baggage, she is brave and strong in trying to move on. Really one of the best romance heroines I've seen.

Elliot...oh Elliot. He was phenomenal. I adored him. He's an ex-soldier and has a chip in his shoulder from his time in the army. He resents all the gentlemen in higher ranks who controlled supplies to the army and failed to send enough. His incarnation as the Peacock-a notorious thief-is his way of revenge. That gave his as much emotional depth as Deborah had. But, of course, he was more than that. He is so sweet to Deborah, and helps her in healing from her marriage. I absolutely fell in love with him. Their relationship was a whirlwind, with Deborah wary and Elliot persistent in his attentions. Elliot was a brilliant hero. If only he actually existed :(

The story moved quickly. During the thefts that Deborah and Elliot did together, I was on the edge of my seat, the suspense nearly killing me. The ending was sweet, a perfect ending for the book.

Loved this book. If you like a combination of romance, secrets, and suspense, you'll love this book.

5/5

Thanks to Netgalley for a copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment