Monday, August 20, 2012

Dante's Girl by Courtney Cole


Dante's Girl
I have spent every summer since I was ten years old with my father in London. Every summer, since I was ten years old, has been uneventful and boring. 
Until this year. 

And this year, after a freak volcanic eruption strands me far from home, I have learned these things:

1. I can make do with one outfit for three days before I buy new clothes. 
2. If I hear the phrase, “You’re not in Kansas anymore, Toto,” even one more time, I might become a homicidal maniac.
3. I am horribly and embarrassingly allergic to jellyfish.
4. I am in love with Dante Giliberti, who just happens to be the beautiful, sophisticated son of the Prime Minister of a Mediterranean paradise. 
5. See number four above. Because it brings with it a whole slew of problems and I’ve learned something from every one of them.

Let’s start with the fact that Dante’s world is five light-years away from mine. He goes to black-tie functions and knows the Prime Minister of England on a first name basis. I was born and raised on a farm in Kansas and wear cut-off jeans paired with cowboy boots. See the difference? 

But hearts don’t care about differences. Hearts want what they want. And mine just wants to be Dante’s girl. 

My heart just might be crazy


Wow, wow, wow!!!
That was so good, I'm speechless. Dante's Girl was incredibly, amazingly brilliant! I went into this expecting an average contemporary romance, but it was so much better than that.

First, I LOVED the setting. The descriptions were rich and detailed. I really felt like I could see this lush paradise, that I was truly there in Caberra. It was brilliantly done and I have to applaud to author for drawing out such a gorgeous setting.

The characters were all fun, each and every one.
Reece was hilarious. She tended to be accident prone and therefore embarrassed herself a few times. I actually liked that, it made her seem much more real. She constantly dropped sarcastic comments that had me laughing out loud-literally. But she was also smart and kind and caring. She was very likable, a truly lovely character.

Dante was so freaking hot, I don't even know what to do with myself. I so wish he were real, just so that I could have the assurance that guys like him exist. Because not only did he have godly beauty, but he was also kind, smart, caring, and sweeter than sugar. Girls, he will steal your heart within the first 20 pages and have you wrapped around his fingers withing 50. His one fatal flaw is his inability to stand up to people's expectations of him. But he tries for Reece's sake. Seriously, he was so ridiculously perfect that just thinking about him makes me speechless. As you can obviously tell, I ADORED Dante. And it definitely didn't hurt that I already thought Dante was a hot name :)

The other characters were just as great. Mia and Gavin were hilarious. Both were fun characters. Becca, Reece's friend, was less likable. But a solid character nonetheless. Even the antagonists were interesting and well drawn out.

The story was so cute. It was sweet and adorable and just puts a smile on your face. The plot moves swiftly, never dragging. There's a surprise towards the end, when you find out who was behind the various accidents that occur throughout the story. I definitely didn't expect that particular twist. The ending was perfect, just perfect.

As you can see, I loved Dante's Girl. It is officially my favorite contemporary romance. I loved every part of it.

5/5

Thanks to Netgalley for a copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment