Monday, July 23, 2012

A Season for Sin by Vicky Dreiling

A Season for Sin
Introducing the Sinful Scoundrels...

The Earl of Bellingham is nothing is not a creature of habit: money, meals, and mistresses must be strictly managed if a man is to have a moment's peace. It's a system that works splendidly for him--until now. With his oldest and dearest friends succumbing, one by one, to wedded bliss, Bell is now restless and a trifle lonely. Enter the Sinful Scoundrels--Colin Brockhurst, Earl of Ravenshire, and Harry Norcliffe, Viscount Evermore--who drag him back into society and draw his rakish eye to the ton's new beautiful young widow. Bell isn't after a wife, but a challenge. And Laura Davenport should fit the bill quite nicely...




A Season for Sin is a well-written prologue to a new series that I am now extremely curious about. It's a short set up, but it got me interested to read the series.


I really liked that I got a feel for the characters. Despite the length, I felt like I got to know the characters a little. Laura is admirable. She loves her stepson and is strong enough to do whatever it takes to do what is best for him. Bell was interesting as well. I can already see that he's going to be a lot of fun. 


A Season for Sin sets up the plot of the first book, What A Wicked Earl Wants, nicely. It explains the background to the story and shows the first meeting between Bell and Laura. After reading this short story, I'm very excited to see what's next.


5/5


Thanks to Netgalley for a copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment