Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Interrupted by Rachel Coker

Interrupted: Life Beyond Words 

4/5 

Interrupted is a beautiful coming of age story. Allie's mother died of a brain tumor when she was fourteen. Now, four years later, she still pushes everyone away. She can't let people into her heart. Over the course of the story, we see her grow up and open herself to love. 

The story was beautiful. Allie would come off as mean sometimes, but it seems justified by her troubled past. Sam was so sweet; he got her to finally open her heart and I must say he got into mine, too. 

The time period is well depicted, especially by the historical references to WWII. 

So why didn't I give it 5 stars? It wasn't really my thing. While I clearly saw the brilliance of the book, it wasn't my preferred genre. Of course, that definitely doesn't mean that there's anything wrong with the book. It was a gorgeous story and I did enjoy it. I would recommend it to anyone who likes historical or coming of age books. If that's your thing, definitely read this. If not, I would still recommend it; it's definitely a lovely story.  

No comments:

Post a Comment